London is a great place to celebrate Easter with so many options and ways to celebrate. Here is a list of things you can choose to do on this Easter!
Easter is a day to have fun and enjoy this holiday with lots of festivity and celebration. Of course, being in London is like a golden opportunity to visit many places and events taking place on this day in various areas of London. The festival which essentially signifies the resurrection of Jesus Christ is celebrated in multiple ways in London at various venues. Here is a list of things you can do to relish the grandeur in London:
1. Easter at the London Eye – London Eye is one of the main attractions in London which almost no one is unaware of. This Easter you can drop in at the London Eye to relish an interactive chocolate tasting experience at Hotel Chocolat. There would be experts to guide you through an exclusive tasting voyage explaining all about chocolates while you sip a glass of Prosecco. Feel the child in you spring up with Edwin the Easter bunny and his band of mini-bunny workers in the Chocolate factory. If you’d like a more relaxed celebration, then try the special Easter Barracuda Afternoon Tea Cruise, while enjoying panoramic views of the Thames with delectable afternoon tea menu. Great views, lots of hustle-bustle,
2. Kew Gardens: History of Chocolate – Easter is best celebrated amidst chocolate. And what better can it be than discovering the history of Chocolate!! Yes, visit the Kew Gardens from Fri 29 March 2013 to Sun 14 April 2013 and travel through time to know more about how, where and in what ways did chocolate originate. You can also enrol for their chocolate workshops or the customary Easter Egg Hunt on Sunday 31 March 2013.
3. Zippos Circus at Blackheath – If fun fairs still excite you as they did in your childhood then the 2013 Zippos Circus is coming with their Carnival, a colourful and enthralling experience of two hours. From aerial antics to motorbike riders and a completely new equestrian riding act, this one is sure to give you some rush of the adrenaline. The kids will definitely love it and you will not get bored for sure!
4. Bank of England Museum: Easter Eggcitement – Egg hunt is always a fun way to make sure your Easter is exciting. Hunt for the chicks and eggs buried in the Bank of England Museum. Just follow the treasure trail and decorate your Easter basket to carry back home. Wow!!
5. Hot Cross Bun Ceremony – It is great to be a part of some out-of-the-box ceremonies on the occasion. The Widow’s Son pub located in Bromley-by-Bow in east London has something called the Easter Bun ceremony on Good Friday.
6. London Attractions: Family Activities – There are various special events for children o take place at almost all of London’s main attractions on the Easter holiday. Egg hunts, egg decoration, and fun & creative activities will take place at the Tate Modern, V&A, British Museum and the National Gallery.
7. London Walking Tours – London is brimming with historical architecture and if you want to celebrate Easter knowing London better, then you can simply join a guided tour over the Easter weekend and walk across the beautiful city.